Monday, December 24, 2007

This year

Hiya,

This year has been like nothing any other. Time is again "fleeting". The job has become more than comfortable; came to knew some good people and said good-byes to some good people.

How does 2008 beckon you? What should I look forward to? Too many thoughts flying through the mind and still no clear answers. I have long given up making resolutions , still subconscious sets some goals by itself. The moment you think of not setting a goal, the mind rebels against and just forms a decision or goal; which again forgets 10 min later.

If I just try to remember what happened in the last year, the work and tasks you have done just fly by...3 months of flying to Chicago on work(mostly after summer); countless visits to LasVegas and GrandCanyon; India visit, colleagues moving onto new jobs, back to job again.

My car mileage still to reach 7000 after 14 months in operation,(WTF happened there???). Ah..ofcourse my visit to Nogales,Mexico for Visa. It feels good to cross borders of this country. I think most of the people feel that way, that is why tourism is such a sucker here.

I have grown a liking to fantasy novels during the last year. Almost a sucker to Harry Potter Series, I also completed Alison Croggon's Pellinor Series, Lord of the Rings Trilogy and His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman.

What attracted me to these fantasy novels, is their quality in description of nature. Some times I miss this narration just by reading fleetingly through the chapters in the books. Arguably Harry Potter series is the least descriptive novel, but obviously much more popular due to the mostly no-nonsense story that might be/should be told in the novels.

Well, my fav BB team Suns again reached western conference finals. Their's still is most exciting game in NBA. I wish they would they would win championship this year.

With 2006 and 2007 being heady years, 2008 is already promising to be balanced year. Sub-prime mortgage crisis is looming over(precipitation is still unclear) and pay cuts seems to be along the way. Not good..not at all good with what all happened to the dollar too.

Well, I hope to remove my thoughts more frequently and pensieve them here. It's definitely feels refreshing to look back on some of the thoughts.

Well Bring it on 2008....!!!

No comments: