Sunday, January 21, 2007

Indian Media's cricket coverage

I was really surprised when I started watching the coverage of the 1st ODI between India and WI. The Indian media acted totally ignorant of the excellent chase by WI and only went gaga about Ganguly's comeback. Sure it was a good knock, along with Gambhir's and Dravid's; but it was totally shocking to see the partisan reporting, entirely ignoring to report about the Chanderpaul exciting knock of 149.

Its looks like they copy-catting american media. Just about everyone knows about the partial reporting of america, if not all, most of them. I didnt see one Indian channel telling about the knock of Chanderpaul. I mean, whats the point? Just everyone knew or saw, what a knock it was? There is no need for fucking propoganda here, is there?.

I mean, we can't win playing like this in WI. There is a need for some serious strategic re-thinking here. If I am right, they will again experiment with batting order again in the next two matches. There is less than 2 months to go to the worldcup, we can't get our batting order lined up.

I really hope, they will do some good thinking and get their priorities right. and better not play on pitches like Nagpur and call it a practice. I mean you "swing" your bat and you got practice!?
I call it a "false confidence", they better get out of it quickly.

One positive outcome of it is, I feel happy that India win. Does it seem like a contradiction? Well, it just makes you feel little happy, I dont think any fan of India would like to hear the defeat.

And so I sign off...

No comments: